Personal Information We Collect. The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us and whether you make a purchase. We may collect your name and contact information, information to process your order, such as your payment information (which is processed by a third party service provider), information about your orders and history with us, your language, password, mobile phone number, IP-address, MAC-address, and other information you provide such as if you apply for a job with us.
How we Collect Information using Technology. We may collect technological information when you visit our site or use our app (if applicable), such as IP address, visited webpages, the internet browser you use, viewed screens, accessed features, actions performed, previous/next visited websites and the duration of a visit/session. We use this information to deliver the website and app, provide an enhanced experience, and to ensure we service your area. We also use it to understand usage of our site and app, improve them, and to deliver advertising on our site, and third party sites, and to understand and improve the effectiveness of our advertising. How We Use the Information We Collect. We use the information we collect to provide our services, including managing your account and providing your orders, to process payment, to administer our relationship, to communicate with you, including by sending promotional material, to respond to you, for identification and authentication, for service improvement, such as suggesting products you may enjoy, and for other purposes to which you consent, or that are permitted or required by law. If you apply for a job, we use the information you provide to evaluate your application, and potentially to establish, manage or terminate the employment relationship.
How We Share Your Information. We may share information with service providers that help us carry out the purposes we describe in this policy. We may also disclose information with your consent, or if permitted or required by law.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual. When you use our Website or App, we collect personal information such as:
- Your name and contact information such as your address, telephone number, and email address,
- Information we describe under the Registration, Service Information, Processing Payments, and Administrating Job Applications sections below,
- If you make a purchase, information needed to process your order such as your payment information and order information,
- Information regarding your order and order history with us, and
- Other information you provide us with, such as your communications with us, or responses to your customer surveys.
We use your personal information:
- To provide you with our Services, for example, by registering your account, fulfilling your orders and processing payment,
- to administer our client databases,
- to communicate with you, including by sending news, updates, and promotions, or other information in accordance with your communications preferences;
- to respond to your inquiries,
- for identification and authentication purposes;
- for service improvement;
- for other purposes permitted or required by law.
Porta does not disclose your personal information to any third party to enable them to market their products or services.
MANAGEMENT OF THE WEBSITE
When you visit our Website, through the use of browser cookies, we process technical data such as your IP address, visited webpages, the internet browser you use, your previous/next visited websites and the duration of a visit/session to enable us to deliver the functionalities of the Website. In addition, in certain instances the browser may prompt you for your postal code to allow us to provide you with an enhanced experience and to validate that we service your delivery zone. This data enables us to manage and improve the Website.
MANAGEMENT OF THE APP
When you use our App, we may process technical data such as your IP address, viewed screens, accessed features, actions you perform, and the duration of your usage/session to enable us to deliver the functionalities of the App and analyze its usage. We may utilize third party services to help us capture and store this data for later analysis (‘Analytics’). This data enables us to manage and improve the App.
If you register for an account, we will collect your name, email address, province, language, password, mobile phone number, IP-address, MAC-address, delivery address and your credit card number, expiry date, billing address and security code (see ‘Processing Payments’ below).
We will use your contact details to send you a welcoming email, to communicate with you in response to your inquiries, and to send you service-related announcements.
If you register for an account, we will collect information about your use of the Services including information about your orders and meal preferences. We use this information to enhance your experience, for example to suggest meals that we think you will enjoy.
If you register for an account and make a purchase, your credit card information is provided to our payment processing provider, currently Shopify Payments (which we may change at any time), in order to process payments for your orders. Porta itself only collects the first six (the BIN numbers) and the last four digits of your credit card number, and the expiration number. We use this information to prevent fraud.
GENERATING MANAGEMENT INFORMATION AND STATISTICAL DATA
Porta uses your personal information in an anonymised and aggregated form to closely monitor which pages of the Website are most frequently visited, which features of the App are used most and which features of the Service are used most, to analyze usage patterns and to determine where we should offer or focus our Service and for any purpose we deem appropriate. We may share this information with third parties for industry analysis and statistics and for any purpose we deem appropriate.
If you choose to use our referral feature on the Website or the App to tell a friend about our Service, you will be prompted to enter your friend's email address or mobile phone number or log into your preferred social network. If you elect to refer a friend, we will automatically populate a message for you to send to your friend inviting him or her to try the Service on your behalf, however the actual message will be sent via your mobile device or social network and you will be able to edit the final message before you send it.
ADMINISTRATING JOB APPLICATIONS
If you wish to apply for a job with us we will collect personal information such as your name, email address, phone number and additional information your choose to provide, such as the information in your resume. We will use this information to process your application, determine your qualifications for the position for which you have applied and to contact you.
- Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization and marketing purposes. We use Google Analytics on our website to analyze how users use the website, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. Google Analytics may collect information such as user location as inferred from IP address, the amount of time a visitor spends on our website, which pages are more frequently accessed, how the website is accessed (either directly, a search engine, or from a link), what sort of software is used (e.g. operating system, browser type, etc.), as well as demographics. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes information, please visit: google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- We work with Facebook to collect data that helps us track conversions from Facebook ads, optimize ads, build targeted audiences and remarket users. For more information on Facebook’s and Instagram’s advertising tools and your options to opt-out, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
- We work with Google to collect data that helps us track conversions from Google ads, optimize ads, build targeted audiences and remarket users. For more information on Google and YouTube’s advertising tools and your options to opt-out, please visit: https://support.google.com/adspolicy
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Under certain circumstances, Porta will disclose your personal information:
- when we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- where it is necessary to collect payment we are owed; if we engage a third party to provide IT services to us (like computer back-up services or archival file storage) or to otherwise help us process information as described in this policy (for example, to help us process payments). Please note that such service provider(s) may be located outside of Canada; OR
- in connection with a change of control transaction, such as if all or a portion of our business merges with or is acquired by a third party, or should any such transaction be proposed.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate or provide the Service on our behalf (for example delivery and production facilities), to process payment, provide customer support, provide postal code information to our delivery drivers, to host our job application form, to perform Website-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Website's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are contractually bound not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Our service providers store information in Canada and in the United States and accordingly your personal information may be available to Canadian and/or United States governments, agencies or law enforcement under a lawful order, irrespective of the safeguards we have put in place for the protection of your personal information. If you have any questions about our use of foreign service providers, please contact us using the information provided below.
Porta may also disclose your personal information to the extent that this is legally required, or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and legal process; or in the event of an emergency pertaining to your health and/or safety.
You have the right to request access to and correction of your information that we hold, including information that you've provided to us and information regarding each order via the Website or the App. You may at any time request correction of your personal data, and object to any processing of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com It may not always be possible for us to comply with your request, for instance if we are under a legal obligation to maintain your personal information, or an obligation that prevents us from disclosing certain information.
To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your personal information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.
You may also amend your personal details using your Porta account on the Website or the App.
However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that any information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission of information by you to Porta is at your own risk. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
- Attn: Porta Privacy
- 510 Front Street West, Suite 300 Toronto, Ontario Canada M5V 3H3
OR by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 647-494-5393